Feast of St. Therese

St. Therese is so special to me. I think of her as a close friend with whom I can share my most intimate thoughts and feelings. I know that she will send me a fragrant rose on her special day -- whether visible or invisible-- it is always real.

Thank you, St. Therese, for the little miracles you have helped bring out about in my life and in the lives of my loved ones.

Here are a just few of my favorite quotes:

"For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and love, embracing both trial and joy."

"Prayer is a cry of gratitude and love in the midst of trial as well as joy." "Oh my God, You have surpassed all my expectations."

"O Jesus! On this day, you have fulfilled all my desires. From now on, near the Eucharist, I shall be able to sacrifice myself in silence, To wait for Heaven in peace. Keeping myself open to the rays of the Divine Host, In this furnace of love, I shall be consumed, And like a seraphim, Lord, I shall love You."

- from St. Therese of Lisieux's poem, Canticle of a Soul Having Found the Place of Its Rest

~Posted by Jean M. Heimann

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots