Praised be Jesus Christ and His Holy Mother!

My spirits were lifted on the feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary by three special events -- the strength and determination (despite the physical pain of my chronic illnesses) to attend Holy Mass at the nearby monastery of my community today, listening to Br. Nathan's audio tapes on Mother Mary and the Eucharist (He is in France now as is my "Spiritual Father" and I miss them both so much.), and the invitation I received to hear pro-life candidate for U.S. Senate Alan Keyes speak.

My letter supporting Ambassador Alan Keyes was published in the Peoria Journal Star last week. Today I received an email from a young man who is involved in a same-sex relationship opposing Alan Keyes. This young man is intelligent as far as book knowledge goes, but is really caught up in the "culture of death" so I ask you to join me in praying for J. -- for his conversion. J. is not a relative or close friend, but an acquaintance and a child of God whom I want so badly to come to know the truth. It is obvious that he is in much pain and in need of our prayers.

I am trying to organize a car pool of folks to see Alan in Springfield, IL this coming Tuesday. I would love to videotape the event or record it for posterity. He is the best pro-life speaker I have heard in person to date -- next to Jill Stanek. I hope to meet Fr. Frank Pavone who will be making an appearance later this month in Vandalia, IL. He is one of my heroes.

Have a beautiful weekend!

~ Posted by Jean M. Heimann

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots