Happy Feast Day! Happy New Year!

Today on this feast day of the Solemnity of Mary and the first day of the New Year, I pray that Our Lord will favor you with the graces and virtues you are in most need of and I entrust you to the heart our dear Mother, Mary.

A New Year's Prayer

Dear Lord, please give me ...
a few friends who understand me
and yet remain my friends.

Work to do which has real value,
without which the world would feel poorer.

A mind unafraid to travel,
even though the trail not be blazed.

An understanding heart,
A sense of humor.

Time for quiet, silent meditation,
A feeling of the presence of God.

And the patience to wait for the coming of these things,
with the wisdom to know when they come.

~ Author Unknown

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots