An Early Birthday Present Needs a Name

Today I will receive an early birthday present -- a little bundle of joy--in the form of a two year old cat. A few months ago, I lost my 20 year old shaded silver Persian cat, Moonshadow, my best friend and confidante. He was gorgeous and had the sweetest temperament. He was playful and spunky and loved to be held and cuddled in his later years.

Bill decided I needed a new pet companion and selected an orange, white, and black domestic long haried cat with beautiful green eyes for my birthday, which is August 8 -- the feast of St. Dominic. She is a very affectionate, good-natured lap cat.

I am trying to decide on a name. These are some options: Aimee (French for "beloved friend"), Gemma ( Italian for "jewel" or "precious stone", also St. Gemma), Dominica (with Dommie as her nickname, French for "of the Lord" or "belonging to God") Heidi (German meaning "honorable"), and Jasmine (Persian, "a flower in the olive family"). I also thought of naming her Michelle (Hebrew for "who is like God"), so she would have her own song, as Moonshadow did, and I could sing to her. Which do you like? Do you have other suggestions? Please let me know in the comment section below or email me at ips14@mchsi.com . I will share the results.

Comments

  1. My first thought was Dominic! There's two votes for that one - yours and mine. My next thought was Trinity. Brian and Terri & family often baby sit with the Baptist minister's puppy when he is out of town, and his name is Trinity (the dog, not the minister's). Always thought that was cute. They got to know the minister pretty well since he and his church head up the local food pantry. Is the knew kitten a calico? Sounds like it from his colors. I love calico. Heck, I love all colors of kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Dommie. It sounds like a fun nickname.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Jasmine or Gemma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean I prefer Michelle because I have a niece named that and I would love her to be honored by naming the kitten.

    Thanks
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Jasmine sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean, I like Jasmine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any name that ends in "ie" is a fun name for a cat! We're experts on naming cats around here, as in the country the little felines tend to "run away with the coyotes" a lot.

    I'm partial to Dommie, as we just lost our unborn son Dominic John Mary on June 24th.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots