Enjoy Your Halloween!

There has been quite a bit of blogging about Halloween lately -- Happy Catholic, The Anchoress, Minivan Mom have all written interesting posts, sharing their opinions, so I thought it was time to put in my two cents.

I enjoy Halloween -- the costumes, the popcorn balls, the taffy apples, the candy corn, little children coming to visit me in darling costumes, carving the jack-o-lantern, and watching old classic scary movies. This year my Catholic parish is having a Family Fun Night, where children of all ages dress up for an early Halloween party and parish fundraiser. My husband, Bill, who is 6'7" tall plans to go dressed as Gandalf from Lord of the Rings. I had planned to go as one of the following: Yoda, St. Francis of Assisi or St. Joan of Arc. Unable to find suitable costumes (I only sew buttons and hems.)for any of these characters, I decided to go as Eowyn. My costume isn't identical to hers, but it is regal-looking. Just trying it on made me laugh and feel a little silly -- something we all need to do every now and then.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots