I'm Back!


I am as settled in as anyone can be after moving into a two bedroom apartment from a three bedroom home with a full basement and a storage shed after nearly two weeks. l love it here! Kansas is the state for me. Warm and windy, it reminds me a little of Aruba. No need to comb your hair here or to use expensive hair products to keep it in place -- everyone has that windblown look.

I have taken to eating buffalo steaks and patties (organic, of course) since moving here and it is quite tasty and nutritious. I am feeling more energetic and healthy here overall.

My new Catholic parish and diocese are wonderful and already I have attended a Mass celebrated by our Bishop -- Bishop Michael Owen Jackels. What a humble, holy, and humorous person he is! He gave a wonderful homily about the love Our Lord has for each one of us and quoted St. Catherine of Siena (my Confirmation namesake) twice. St. Catherine said that God loved each one us so much that He fell in love with the very idea of creating us.

During Mass, a lay person mistakenly referred to Bishop Jackels as "Pope Jackels". Following Mass, at a Knights of Columbus banquet, a priest in the diocese was mistakenly identified as a Bishop. When it was Bishop Jackels' turn to speak at the banquet, he mentioned that things were really moving fast here for him, as he had already advanced to the papacy, while the priest who served under him had been promoted to Bishop.

I have missed you all and it's great to be back. Thank you for your beautiful thoughts and prayers. God bless you!

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots