The Parent Trap -- Joke of the Day

A priest stood at the church door greeting the parishioners after Mass. "Good mornin', Mr. and Mrs. O'Riley. I married you ten years ago but still you have no children?

"Indeed you did, father. We've not been blessed. My husband and I have tried but we've not been successful", said Mrs. O'Riley.

Father replied: "I'm going to Rome for a few years sabbatical. I'll light a candle for you in the great cathedral at the Vatican. Perhaps the Holy Mother will look kindly on you and your husband."

Several years later, back at the church door, greeting parishioners, the priest meets Mrs. O'Riley:

"Mrs. O'Riley, did you ever have any children?"

"Indeed I did , Father," she said pointing to a family behind her. "We've had a set of triplets, a set of twins and two singles since we last saw you."

Father replied:
"Praise be the Holy Mother. She's blessed you. But I don't see Mr. O’Riley. Is he here?"

"No, Father, he's gone to Rome to blow out your darn candle.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots