The Confiteor Meme...I Confess!

I was tagged by Rick at De Civitate Dei .

I confess that I used to sing and clap my hands at guitar Masses.

I confess to being a former hand holder during the Our Father and a hugger during the Sign of Peace.

I confess that I still listen to and enjoy many of the rock bands from the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

I confess that in my youth I became so nervous during the Sacrament of Reconciliation that I peed my pants and left an ocean in the confessional box for the person following me. Needless to say, I left the church before completing my penance.

I confess that I disposed of some paper waste I found in the foyer of church -- some flyers picturing a "new age nun" doing her yoga exercises in a tight, low cut leotard. (I wanted to draw a long black veil and a turtleneck, full, floor-length habit on her, but decided it wasn't worth the time or effort to help recruit candidates for that Order.)

I confess that I secretly wish that I were in my early 30's again so I could take ongoing Theology of the Body classes and complete homework assignments with my husband.

That's enough confessing for now! I feel a hot flash coming on and nature calling.

I will pass this Meme on to Rebecca at Doxology, Barb at SFO Mom, and Julie at Abortion Hurts and Silent Raindrops. Keep the laughs coming, ladies!

Comments

  1. Holy crap, Jean. :) I laughed so hard at your unfortunate youth-Reconciliation incident that I think I hurt myself. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's done.
    Love the yoga-nun-flyer thing. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I really liked the potty confession too. In part because I know someone who has had similar issues right on in to adulthood, but a good husband doesn't name names. But most of all because I'm just so darn mature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

    T.O., Oh, dear, I hope you have recovered.

    Barb, I actually did confess the yoga nun - flyer incident, although I can't say that I felt all that remorseful about it.

    Rick,
    My husband really enjoyed your comment, probably because he can identify with it. You're both in my prayers.

    God bless you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots