Have You Hugged Your Dog Today?


New research reveals that just a few minutes spent patting a dog can relieve a heart patient's anxiety and perhaps even help recovery during a visit to the hospital. According to experts, "they make people happier, calmer and feel more loved. That is huge when you are scared and not feeling well."

I can personally attest that cats also have a calming effect on people. Not only have my cats comforted me on numerous occasions, but my Persian cat actually helped improve the health of patients in a long-term care facility. I don't have any scientific data to prove this only smiles and positive attitudes.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots