Missouri Catholic clergy will oppose embryonic cell research from pulpit

This is a first. I have never heard a priest or bishop speak to their congregation about the dangers of embryonic stem cell research from the pulpit and, believe me, it was and still is a major issue, facing the people in IL. It makes one wonder what their afraid of -- if it's losing their congregation -- then it's too late, they have already lost them. If it's losing the money to pay for their churches, what good are the churches, if the truth is not spoken in them?

I am proud of these bishops in Missouri who have decided to speak out about the evils of embryonic stem cell research and are encouraging their parishioners to become involved in this issue. I pray that other Catholic clergy throughout the world will emulate them.

Comments

  1. My pastor has no problem speaking the truth regarding embryonic stem cell research.
    Why would a pastor not speak about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly my point. Why are they not speaking out on it? Why aren't other pro-life issues spoken about from the pulpit?

    I am happy that there are some priests who speak on this topic, but I wish there were more.

    Thanks for your comment.

    God bless you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots