Describing Myself in Three Quotes

Julie D. at Happy Catholic has resurrected an idea that was traveling around St. Blog's Parish last March. Describe yourself with three quotes - serious, ironic, humorous, whatever - from various literary sources. Some people described themselves physically. Like Julie, I preferred to go for the "inner man" (so to speak).

I don't know that I can limit this to three quotes -- I am a little more complex than that, but I will do my best. Anyway, this is what I came up with:

“Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.”
~ Erma Bombeck


"Prayer is the oxygen of the soul."
~ St. John Eudes


"Just as the price of our salvation was the incomprehensible suffering and sacrifice of the Son of God, so the price of converting a culture of death or any person involved in this culture will require nothing less than losing our own life, in whatever way God calls us, in imitation of Christ, for the conversion of the world."

~ Msgr. Phillip Reilly, Founder of the Helpers of God's Precious Infants

Comments

  1. Good ones! I especially like the first ... so typical of me isn't it? :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots