National Sanctity of Human Life Sunday


Today marks the 33rd anniversary of Roe V. Wade. In what was hailed as a “victory” for women, the Supreme Court wrote a new law, giving us the “right of privacy” to have our babies murdered in the womb without fear of prosecution for homicide for ourselves and the abortionists. This was the beginning of a horrific holocaust which has led to the slaughter of more than 45 million innocent babies in our country today.

The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops have designated January 22nd, 2006 as National Sanctity of Human Life Sunday. Let us pray today in reparation for 33 years of legalized abortion in the United States and for the sanctity of all human life.

Prayer for Life

Loving God, in Your goodness, You have given us the gift of life. I ask Your pardon and forgiveness for my own failure and the failure of all people in this world to protect and respect this gift you have given us.

I pray that, with Your grace, I and all people will respect, reverence, and protect all life and that I will be especially sensitive to the life of the unborn, the abused, the neglected, the disabled, and the elderly.

Guide all who make decisions about life, that they will do so with wisdom, love, and courage. In Your name - Father, Source of all life, Son, Savior of our lives, and Holy Spirit, Sanctifier of our lives - we pray. Amen.

Testimony of Norma McCorvey

"I am Norma McCorvey. I became known as Jane Roe on January 22, 1973, when the U.S. Supreme Court released the Roe v. Wade decision, which created a woman's "right to abortion". I am now a child of God, a new creature in Christ; I am forgiven and redeemed. Today, I publicly recant my involvement in the tragedy of abortion. I humbly ask forgiveness of the millions of women and unborn babies who have experienced the violence of abortion. In this place of healing, the National Memorial for the Unborn, I stand with those who honor the worth of every unborn child as created in the image of God. I will strive, in the name of Jesus, to end this holocaust."

~ Norma McCorvey ("Roe"), March 27, 1997

"Before I formed thee in thy mother's womb, I knew thee: and before thou camest forth out of the womb, I sanctified thee, and made thee a prophet unto the nations".

~ Jeremiah 1:5

What You Looked Like Before You Were Born.

Comments

  1. Today is a horrible anniversary. I've been blogging all day for life and I'm glad that you and other Catholic bloggers are doing the same.

    Hopefully, one day soon this horrible practice may be put aside slavery and torture in a history book representing the change in public opinion. May we one day stand up for the unborn in America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on, prayer is the greatest weapon in this fight, after all it was prayer that saved Europe from Turkish invasion in the 16th Century.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots