Meditation for the Third Week of Lent: Wednesday

"What great nation is there that has gods so close to it as the Lord, our God is to us whenever we call upon him?"
~Deuteronomy 4

"I am not a man of letters or science. I simply try to be a man of prayer. It's prayer that saved my life. Without prayer I would have lost my senses. If I haven't lost peace of soul in spite of all the trials, it's because this peace comes from prayer. We can only live a few days without eating, but not without praying. Prayer is the morning key and the evening bolt. Prayer is a sacred alliance between God and men.
~ Gandhi

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots