Spiritual Quote for the Day

What should we set as our ultimate goal in this life? The answer: the most perfect worshipers of God we can possibly be.... I sought no more than how to be God's and God's alone. My goal made me resolve to give my all for the All.... Always I worshiped Him as often as I could, keeping my mind in His holy presence. When I wandered I brought Him back to my mind.... At all times, every hour, every minute, even at the busiest times. I drove away from my mind everything capable of spoiling the sense of the presence of God.... I just make it my business to persevere in His holy presence... My soul has had an habitual, silent, secret conversation with God.

~Brother Lawrence

Via Sr. Patricia Proctor.

Comments

  1. Hi Jean.
    Wow, you have a great blog. I love your writing. Thanks for your comments on my pitiful blog. I will pray for you, please pray for me and my fellow sidewalk counselors. Yes, I suppose it is a bit dangerous being alone at the clinic, but I am willing to take the risk. Our approach is very gentle and peaceful. We do not use signs, crosses, etc. We have contact with the CPC's we recommend, and they let us know when women and girls come to them from the abortion clinic. We are successful with our peaceful way. When Chris comes with his huge aborted baby pictures we leave. He REALLY puts himself at risk. He has been arrested and beat up.
    We are very blessed to be able to approach the women and have a conversation with them as they walk to the clinic and at the clinic door.
    From what I know about Helpers, I think our approach is similar. God bless you for all you do! I will return to your blog to read more.
    PS No, this was TRULY a Muslim woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty,

    Thanks so much for the kind words about my blog and also for your prayers. They are precious to me. I am praying for you and will lift you up at daily Mass and during my Eucharistic Adoration time.

    Yes, the Helpers have a peaceful, prayerful approach -- no signs and we pray the rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, etc. as you do. I also bring my large Our Lady of Guadalupe picture with me.

    Wow, that is very unusual for a Muslim woman to seek an abortion, but this is a strange world we live in today. I will pray for her.

    I love reading your online diary -- it's very helpful to me. I like your personal, intimate way of communicating and also your insights.

    God bless you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots