Thousands Flock to See Weeping Virgin in Colombia

Ok, I know this hasn't been approved by the Church yet and I tend to be very skeptical about apparations, but why is it that Our Blessed Mother keeps turning up all over the world crying? This is more than a mere coincidence.

When she turns up here in Bogota the people feel that it is due to lack of a priest in their village. I am sure that Our Holy Mother is very sad about the shortage of priests and the unholy behavior of some clergy. People who live in these areas where priests are scarce do indeed suffer a "white" martyrdom, being denied Holy Mass and the sacraments. My heart and prayers go out to them. Our priests are the only ones who can offer Mass and give us Jesus in the Holy Eucharist so that is the first place the evil one attacks.

I am also sure there are many things that she is very unhappy about in our pleasure-seeking, self-centered culture of death today. Immodesty in dress, sins of the flesh, our lack of charity towards one another, the killing of the unborn, euthanasia, the list goes on and on.

When I see or hear about apparitions like this it only serves as a reminder that I need to pray more, to fast more, and to proclaim the gospel more everyday by the way I live my life. I feel like the devil is trying every trick in the book to poison people's lives with lies and deception, to tempt them to turn away from God, to get all of us to be lukewarm about our faith, to discourage us in our quest to live holy lives and to draw others into an intimate relationship with Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He is on his last leg and is getting desperate.

Well, he can just go back to where he belongs because Jesus is stronger than he is and we have a weapon he will never have -- the protection and love of the Mother of God. Totus Tuus, Holy Mother. Take that, you little cockroach (my name for the devil)! Make my day! Squisssh.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots