Meditation and Prayer for The Feast of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary

"Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!

~ Luke 1:42

"My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden. For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed; for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name. And his mercy is on those who fear him from generation to generation. He has shown strength with his arm, he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts, he has put down the mighty from their thrones, and exalted those of low degree; he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent empty away. He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy, as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his posterity for ever."


~ Luke 1:46-55


“Moved by charity, therefore, Mary goes to the house of her kinswoman.... While every word of Elizabeth’s is filled with meaning, her final words would seem to have a fundamental importance: ‘And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her from the Lord’ (Luke 1:45). These words can be linked with the title ‘full of grace’ of the angel’s greeting. Both of these texts reveal an essential Mariological content, namely the truth about Mary, who has become really present in the mystery of Christ precisely because she ‘has believed.’ The fullness of grace announced by the angel means the gift of God himself. Mary’s faith, proclaimed by Elizabeth at the visitation, indicates how the Virgin of Nazareth responded to this gift”

~Pope John Paul II, The Mother of the Redeemer, 12

Prayer

Wonderful Lord, on the Feast of Mary’s visit with Elizabeth, we are reminded that You are a God of joy and that You always fulfill Your promises. I ask the Blessed Mother to intercede for me when I feel discouraged, so that my soul may always magnify You, O Lord. May she remind me of Your promises and Your faithfulness when the difficulties of life cover me with darkness. Give me a spirit that rejoices in You, my Savior, for all the great things that you have done for me and will continue to bestow upon me, simply because You love me. Thank You for all You have done and will do! Blessed Mary, pray for me. Amen.

~From Daily Prayers with the Saints for the New Millenium by Terry Ann Modica

Comments

  1. Just beautiful, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, John. I was hoping to get an image up, but the image maker hasn't been working. Perhaps I can get one up tomorrow.

    God bless you,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots