Mother's Day Weekend or Abortion Day Weekend?

For some mothers, this is Mother's Day weekend -- a time of celebrating the joys of motherhood and family life. For others, it is a time of sadness, depression (hated turned inwards), guilt, and pain.

Today, I shared in some of that pain as I watched several mothers come and go at Tiller's late-term abortion mill. During my watch alone, there were over 21 cars at the mill.

Some of the mothers were very young (teenagers), others older. Some came with their partners, others with their friends or family. Some came from the U.S., others from Canada. They all had one thing in common -- a look of pain and sadness on their faces. For these women were there for one thing -- they all came to destroy the life within them and in the process, to destroy a part of themselves that can never be replaced.

Many of them will suffer from
post-abortion syndrome and from painful memories, which will haunt them year after year on the anniversary of their child's death -- Mother's Day weekend.



My Prayer

I lift up my heart to your Immaculate Heart and I pray, Sweet Mother, that you will draw each of the mothers and fathers at the abortion mill today close to the Sacred Heart of your Son, Jesus, where they will repent and receive His mercy and forgiveness and the fullness of His love.

I offer up my works, my prayers, and my little sufferings, in union with the suffering of Jesus Christ in atonement for their sins. I ask for an outpouring of graces for their total healing (body, mind, and soul) and for their conversion and the salvation of their souls. I ask this through Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.


Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins my Mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful; O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots