Anti-Contraception Advocate Reaches Out to Presidential Candidates: Sign Up to do your part, too

Via The No Room for Contraception Blog:

This past Monday at the blogs for life conference, I had an opportunity to speak with both Senator Sam Brownback and Representative Duncan Hunter about the harms of contraception. Now before you pro-contraception bloggers get happy and start ranting on how these candidates are going to take away your condoms, the focus was not on banning contraception. And yes, I'm going to try and speak with Democratic and independent candidates on this issue as well.

I felt it was important to address the harms of contraception, the definition of conception, and so forth with these elected officials, one of which may be the President of the United States one day. You can bet the left will try to sell them on the "benefits" of contraception, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I inform them of the harms of contraception. When I greeted them, I handed these elected officials a "Birth Control is Harmful" card and reviewed some of the points with them. These cards list about a dozen quick facts on the harms of contraception, including how contraception has historically failed to reduce abortion, increased the rate of pre-marital sex among teens, and has been responsible for the deaths of an untold number of women. The cards also point out that it has been abstinence which has been the primary cause in the reduction of abortion. [More]

When I was listening to Catholic radio the other day, I heard something that really shocked me - the commentator announced the percentage of Catholic couples who use contraceptives has reached an all-time high of 90%. If this figure is indeed accurate,
then we all need to take it seriously and do something about it. There are many little ways everyone can help. I signed up to distribute these cards to others in my church and community.

In my work as a crisis pregnancy counselor, I discuss the harms of contraceptive with clients. Sometimes they share with me some side effects and disadvantages that I have never heard of before. However, many tell me that they never knew about the risks involved, that no one ever discussed the adverse effects with them and they thank me for being honest and up front with them.

I also inform married couples about Natural Family Planning, which as we all know is not the antiquated Rhythm method, which so many people seem to mistakenly think it is. NFP
is 99% effective 100% of the time.

Comments

  1. "...the commentator announced the percentage of Catholic couples who use contraceptives has reached an all-time high of 90%..."

    Regarding these statistics, I hessiate to trust them. I have a feeling Catholic use of contracpatives peaked and is on the decline, if for no other reason that the the liberal "Catholics" are less and less likely to identify as "Catholics."

    Any stats regarding "Catholics" are meaningless to me. I only listen to stats of Mass going Catholics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots