St. Francis de Sales, Patron Saint of Writers and Journalists

It's that time of year again - the feast day of one of my favorite saints. As a writer, I am also bugging St. Francis de Sales for all kinds of favors - one or two big ones lately. He has a special place in my heart.

Here's the link to my post from last year which gives his biography and some great quotes.

Here's a special prayer for writers taken from Saintly Support: A Prayer for Every Problem:

May the Lord guide me and all those who write for a living. Through your prayers, St. Frances de Sales, I ask for your intercession as I attempt to bring the written word to the world. Let us pray that God takes me in the palm of His hand and inspires my creativity and inspires my success. St. Francis de Sales, you understand the dedication required in this profession. Pray for God to inspire and allow ideas to flow. In His name, let my words reflect my faith for others to read. Amen.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots