Via Amy Proctor: Note From A Soldier

Amy Proctor has a note from a soldier on her blog today that touched me when I read it.

She reports: "I received this message from an ex-soldier a couple days ago and have obtained permission to post it. It speaks for itself."

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to say a little about what's going on in our country. I am a former military soldier, I did a tour in Iraq. I've seen the importance of what we are doing over there, so I am dumbfounded by what Americans are thinking. Sometimes I feel selfish cause I have seen the death and suffering that is brought with war, but the importance of what our country is doing is so important. Speaker Pelosi always says a "New America"... what the hell is she talking about? America now is a great and noble country to change this would be a disaster. I have been out of the Army for over a year. I want to go back just to spite all of the people who say what they think we feel as a soldier. The Sheehan woman who lost her son in Iraq, I wish she knew what her son thought when he died, how much he loved his country and how much he loved his fellow soldiers when he died. The feeling is so great to fight for one another and to survive and also to die!! I am getting tired of people telling me how to think, I think very clearly on my own. I think this country is in for hell with our present leadership as far as the house and senate are concerned. I know I am not wrong, I just hope all isn't lost by the time they figure it out.
SSG Max Morris US Army

"America now is a great and noble country to change this would be a disaster."

Well said, Staff Sergeant.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots