Mini Meditation for Thursday of the Fifth Week in Lent

"Amen, amen I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM."
John 8:58

Once a group of teachers from the United States came through Calcutta. One of them asked me if I would say something that they could keep as a remembrance of the visit and that could also be useful to them. "Smile at one another. Smile at your wives." (I have the feeling that we are in such a hurry that we do not even have time to look at one another and smile.) One of them said, "Mother it is obvious that you are not married!" "Yes, I am," I answered. "Sometimes it is very difficult for me to smile at Jesus because He asks too much of me."

~ Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comments

  1. Good quote Jean. I am currently reading Heart of Joy and I believe this was in that book. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots