Pro-Lifers Make Impact at NEA Teacher Convention

Philadelphia, Jul 3, 2007 / 10:15 am (CNA).- Seventy-five people, including teachers and students as young as eight years old, picketed the NEA convention in Philadelphia July 1.
Many NEA delegates openly expressed disbelief, skepticism and shock at the revelation that their union was involved in pro-abortion advocacy.

They seemed unaware of NEA's longstanding Family Planning Resolution, which supports "reproductive freedom" and "all methods of family planning", including abortion. They also seemed unaware that NEA is one of Planned Parenthood's primary advocates and had co-sponsored large pro-abortion rallies in Washington in 2004, 1992, and 1989.

Some delegates berated the pro-lifers and accused them of lying. Others thanked the demonstrators for underlining the issue. Others still, said they would raise the issue on the Convention floor and attempt to persuade NEA to abandon its pro-abortion agenda and activism. [more]

My Comments: I'm sure these educators were unaware of NEA's longstanding Family Planning Resolution, which supports "reproductive freedom" and "all methods of family planning", including abortion. As a former member of NEA, I would have been grateful, at the time, if pro-lifers had informed me of this, as I had no idea that NEA was involved with PP. This is just another example of their covert operations.

Comments

  1. I posted on my crisis when as a Bilingual Spanish teacher, I was supposed to translate for PP twice at my school. I got on my knees,pleading with God to get me out of that situation, and the rep never showed. Both times.

    Then I gave them the sex talk thus; "what do your parents and pastors say about sexual relations outside marriage?"
    "It's a sin" they replied.
    "Good, listen to them, and you won't need the other talk".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! God works in wonderful and amazing ways.
    Whata witness to the power of prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was teaching in public schools, it was quite clear that the NEA backed abortion on demand, etc. All you had to do to find out was read their monthly publication, which during the Bush/Gore election year, was quite overtly pro-abortion indeed.

    Kudos to these people for standing up to the most powerful union in the USA. I honestly never thought that it was possible to stand up to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I retired in 1993 and in all the material I received never did see or hear of anything about this and I am the type of person who reads everything, including the miniscule print. I wasn't really pro-active at that time, but if I had been aware of that fact, I know I would have been very uncomfortable with it and would have questioned it.

    In the many schools I worked during my career as a school psychologist, some of them still prayed in the classrooms, most mentioned God, and the majority talked about Christian values and morals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I belonged to IEA and NEA when I taught high school in the 70's and never did I hear or read anything about PP or abortion being involved in either organization. It is very typical of them to act in a covert manner. For example, do they let people know that they are involved with Susan G. Komen and the Race for the Cure? How many of the public know that they are involved with the Red Cross? Does the average citizen know they are supporting PP when they give to United Way? How many U.S. citizens know that their tax money funds PP?

    The average citizen is unaware of these things. PP does things in a covert way and are deceptive not only in the way they obtain their funds, but in the way they "sell" abortion to their clients.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I taught during the '90's and never heard about NEA being involved with PP. If someone told me about it, I probably wouldn't have believed it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots