US House Votes in Favor of Christmas

U.S. House Votes 372-9 to Pass Resolution Supporting Christmas and Christianity

The U.S. House passed a resolution yesterday acknowledging the importance of Christmas by a vote of 372 to 9. Nine members voted against the resolution, ten voted "present," and 40 other members did not vote.

The nine who voted against it were all Democrats: Ackerman (NY), Clarke (NY), DeGette (CO), Hastings (FL), Lee (CA), McDermott (WA), Scott (VA), Stark (CA) and Woolsey (CA). The 10 who answered "present" without entering a vote were also Democrats except one: Conyers (MI), Frank (MA), Holt (NJ), Payne (NJ), Pence (Republican from IN), Schakowsky (PA), Schwartz (PA), Wasserman-Schultz (FL), Welch (VT) and Yarmuth (KY).

It's certainly nice to know they approve of Christmas, but the real question here is: Does Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior approve of them? Are they preparing their hearts for his coming, not only at Christmas, but for His Second Coming?

Comments

  1. Your last two questions are great. It kind of brings it home. I would add, is does he approve of us? Does he approve of me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rob. I was thinking the same thing.

    It's a question I'm forever asking myself. His opinion is the one I truly value.

    This is a question we all need to be asking ourselves.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What makes this even more nauseating is that a few weeks ago, those who voted against the Christmas resolution actually voted for the Ramadan and Hanukkah resolutions. I wonder how they justify that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I have visited your blog. I am amazed at the number of posts you have made on your blog. Your reference to the Second Coming took my eye. In the last few years I have come to believe that we will have a Second Coming, or a Second Pentecost or the new springtime of the Church, whatever you wish to call it, in the near future if it is not already starting. I write about how I came to believe this in a book, which I recently self-published, called Its Light is the Lamb, An Unexpected Spiritual Journey. If you are interested you can read the first three chapters, including the Table of Contents, on my website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. IF they don't approve of Christmas, then maybe they should not get the Christmas Season off and be required to work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots