10 Spiritual Tools for Coping with Chronic Pain

By Maureen Pratt

Chronic pain can make us feel isolated and helpless, especially if its cause is an illness or physical condition for which there's no cure or effective medical treatment. At times of deepest despair, finding ways to nurture our spirits can help us not only cope with the pain, but also discover nuggets of grace, comfort, and productivity that can move us through and beyond the helplessness and hopelessness we feel. Here are ten spiritual tools that can help you get started toward peace in spite of and in the midst of pain. MORE

Maureen Pratt is a Catholic speaker and author who focuses on spirituality, faith and wellness. Her most recent book is "Peace in the Storm: Meditations on Chronic Pain & Illness" Her website is www.maureenpratt.com.

Comments

  1. Since I haven't yet learned to embrace my suffering, I find this article fascinating.

    I am thinking about gettin the Peter Kreeft book about making sense of suffering, i'm sure I need to look at my daily pain and breathing difficulties, in a new way.

    Thanks for this prompt in the right direction, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet read that, but I have heard it is good. One of my favorited is Amazing Grace for those who Suffer by Jeff Cavins and Matt Pinto.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots