Urgent SOS: Continue to Need Help

I continue to need help with my blog. Although I have joined two help groups, no solutions have been offered. I have contacted individual bloggers for help, but, for whatever reason, it hasn't been forthcoming.

These are the problems I have been having:

1. My layout freezes up halfway so that I am unable to change anything on it.
2. I am unable to change fonts and colors in the template.

These are the things I have tried already that have not worked:

1. Switched to a new template.
2. Eliminated my blogger news widget.
3. Eliminated my "About You" widget.
4. Checked out my RAM to be sure I have enough -- OK.
5. Changed my security settings from medium high to medium
6. Cleared the Java cache.
7. Checked to see that the Java plug-in was working
8. Cleared my history cache.
9. Installed a new anti-virus program.

Any suggestions?

If you are able to help me, please email me directly at jean.heimann@gmail.com . Thank you!

Comments

  1. I've been having the same problems with the layout freezing, and what I've done to kick it right (each and every time, mind you) is to go into "HTML" in layout, click the "Expand Widgets" box, wait for it to reload, then go back to the moveable widgets page. It has worked, as far as I know, every time, and I think it might also kick the fonts and colors into the right gear, as well. I thought it was me, since I had to downgrade from IE7 to IE6. I haven't tried it on my new Mac, but blogger doesn't seem to come up the same on it, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Christine!!!

    It worked!!!

    We have the same problem.

    God bless you!!!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean,
    wish I could help, but I don't know much about computers and blogging. I became active as a blogger just about 6 months ago. My computer tends to freeze as well, but it's because it is old.
    :-) I will continue to keep you and your intention in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots