The Simple Woman's Daybook: June 9




Be sure and stop by Peggy's for all the links entered in this week's Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my Window...is a blue and gray sky with white, billowy clouds. The sun just peeked out a minute ago, but is hiding again.

I am thinking...What a great weekend we had meeting with our friends (a young married couple) who just made their Oblature (promises to God -- chastity, poverty, obedience, formally offering up their lives to Him) and sharing their slide show of this joyous occasion. They went to the monastery in Princeville, IL and to St. Louis, MO and made a family vacation of it. The photos of the monastery and the ceremony brought back so many beautiful memories for us! It was very nostalgic!

We also said "goodbye" to one of our associate pastors at a parish reception for him this past weekend. We were sad to see him go, but so happy to see him humbly and obediently following God's will by traveling to another area in the diocese, where his special talents are needed. We continue to lift up this beloved priest in our prayers.

I am thankful for...another day to start anew and look forward to the delightful surprises God has for me today.

From the kitchen... there are lots of fresh veggies to fix a little later today.

I am creating...a post in my head for my new blog -- The Good Health Blog.

I am going...to make the phone calls I need to make. I like conversing with people, but hate rejections, so I will just need to swallow my pride and get on with it. I love Juice Plus+ and it basically sells itself.

I am wearing...my most comfortable outfit.

I am reading...everything I can get my hands on. Today it has been my dictionary, a booklet entitled "Letter to Our Friends" From the Brothers and Sisters of St. John, The June Magnificat, and the posts on my Google Reader. I have only been up a short time.

I am hoping... that I can get the things done that I need to today and stay on top of things.

I am hearing...the hum of my computer and my fingers tapping on the keyboards. it's very quiet here.

Around the house...the purple echinneas are popping open, the orange day lilies and the purple lavendar are blooming, and both the white and pink roses are multiplying. The grapes and the raspberries are lush, green and leafy.

One of my favorite things... the new rose bush I planted is pregnant with blooms.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... to plan my nutrition education parties, get some writing projects done, plan for a friend's birthday party, and get lots of cleaning done. (Notice the priorities -- cleaning is last on the list!)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... My 4 year-old-calico cat (notice the black dot on the left side of her nose), Jazzy, who is my constant companion. She's either napping or eating or playing very actively, which includes jumping and running. She is wonderful at giving massages!


Comments

  1. I am a regular reader of your blog and thought you might be interested in this: http://www.catholic.org/prwire/headline.php?ID=4811

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful kitty! She must love you a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny,

    I linked to Esther's article on this in my Shared Items a few days ago. Thanks for the tip. Thanks for reading Catholic Fire!

    May God bless you abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esther,

    Yes, she is very affectionate and loving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots