Easter: The Celebration Has Just Begun!

by Jean M. Heimann

How are you celebrating the Easter Season? How can you fully participate in the joys of Easter this year?

While those in the secular world are putting away their Easter decorations and finishing up their Easter candy, the celebration for Christians has just begun as we rejoice in the glory of His resurrection.

My family began the celebration by attending the Easter Vigil Mass, where many were baptized, confirmed, and received their First Holy Communion. It was a beautiful and touching celebration of faith.

On Easter Sunday, we shared in conversation with family members the joy of the miracles that the Lord has worked in our lives recently and thanked God for them. God has provided for all of us so bountifully in these difficult times and has shown us the power of prayer and His love for us in so many ways. Yes, miracles can and do happen, if we open our eyes and hearts to them.

I want to continue to share my Easter joy and bask in the light of his love. How can we continue to fully participate in the joys of Easter?

I realized this Lent as our income decreased and the costs of many necessities increased that I had a choice -- I could either focus on that which we didn't have or to be thankful for the many blessings and gifts the Lord did provide for us. That spirit of humble thanksgiving and hope is one I want to continue. Reaching out to others who are far more needy than myself is important to me and this was brought home to me when our parish had a visit from a priest from Food for the Poor.

One of the ways I grew closer to the Lord this Lent was by participating in the Stations of the Cross. Now that Lent is over Faith and Family suggests that we visit NCRegister.com, which offers a helpful guide to the “Via Lucis” or “Way of Light,” a devotion promoted by John Paul II.

I also realized this Lent how important the power of prayer and pro-life activism is with 40 Days for Life. The lives of over 421 babies were saved during these forty days -- Alleluia! Praise the Lord! Thank you, Lord, for making us vessels of your hope to others!

What Easter joys did you experience that you want to continue?

Comments

  1. My greatest memories growing up was the 4 plus years I was able to be an alter boy during both Christmas and Easter season. I think those memories still guide me today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots