The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ April 6, 2009

If you would like to join in and see what the other women are doing today, please visit Peggy here.

Outside my window... it's bright and sunny, very windy, and in the lower 40's, which is quite a contrast to the weather we had two days ago when the high was 78.

I am thinking... of spending the rest of this week in prayer and spiritual reading while accomplishing a minimal amount of work until I'm feeling better.

I am thankful for... my homemade chicken and brown rice soup, which is so soothing right now.

From the kitchen... I can smell the pork cooking in the crock pot and the chicken soup I have just prepared on the stove.

I am wearing... my warmest nightgown.

I am creating... nothing at the moment. Later on in the week, I will be decorating for Easter with my collection of Easter baskets, eggs, and bunnies. I will put up the Easter wreath with the cross on it and create a cheerful atmosphere.

I am going... to lay down and rest in a short while, as I have little energy right now. I think God planned this to keep my mind on the true meaning of Holy Week.

I am reading... many wonderful books on the saints as well as my daily devotionals.

I am hoping... that this illness passes quickly. I also hope that my dh's meeting with the attorney today works out well.

I am hearing... the low hum of my computer. The cats are both napping and it's very quiet here.

Around the house...daffodils and hyacinth are in bloom. The peas and the radishes in the vegetable garden have popped up.

One of my favorite things... is to focus on the true meaning of Holy Week.

A few plans for the rest of the week: lots of rest and relaxation until I have more strength.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots