A Prayer for These Difficult Times

Lord,

My life is filled with many challenges -- there are many changes going on around me--which seem to overwhelm me -- many heartbreaks which seem more than I can bear. But even in the darkest of nights, I know You're with me, though I cannot feel you there. I surrender my heart to You, my life to You. I give You all my disappointments, pain, and sufferings which You alone can understand. I unite my suffering with Yours; my heart with Your Sacred Heart. Please give me the strength to move forward, to persevere, and to boldly proclaim the victory in Your Name. You are the Light in the darkness, the reason I live and move, and have my being. You are the only Truth. You alone are the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings, my Rock, my Shelter and Shield, my Strength and my Song, my Hope, my Eternal Love. There is nothing in this life that can compare to You. I will cling to You. I will consume You, for You are the Bread of Life. You give me sustenance to handle all my trials and to rise above them. You are my Counselor and my Comforter. You are the Resurrection and the Life, You are my God, my all in all. You are all that I shall ever want or need, now and forever. Amen.

~ Jean M. Heimann

Act of Faith, Act of Hope, Act of Love

Comments

  1. Thank you, thank you for this wonderful prayer. Thank you Lord for the promise of your salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this prayer which has helped me, a sinner, very much in my difficult times and I will continue to pass it on to other people so they can be helped as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful prayer ... to whom and how can we ask permission to print the prayer in our Triduum for San Lorenzo Ruiz?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my permission to use it, Tatay Jojo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still an amazing prayer for these difficult times and I'm still using it as a major guidance thanks again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots