Pope: Sacrifices are possible if they have meaning



Young person: "Jesus invited the rich young man to leave everything and follow Him, but he went away sad. I like him also find it hard to follow, because I'm afraid to leave my things and sometimes the Church asks difficult sacrifices of me. Holy Father, how can I find the strength to make courageous decisions and who can help me?"

Pope Benedict XVI: "Let us begin with perhaps what is a difficult word for us: sacrifice. Sacrifices are possible and even become beautiful at the end if they have a reason, and if this reason justifies even the difficulty of the sacrifice."

Related Information:  

Vatican Website: POPE TO YOUNG PEOPLE: GOD HAS A PLAN FOR YOU

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots