The New Winners of the Stylish Blog Award


My special thanks to two lovely ladies and blogging friends, Ellen Gable and Esther G. for nominating me in the Stylish Blogger Awards. They have asked me to write seven things about myself and to nominate five other blogs (below).

Here are some little known facts about me:

1. When I was a child, I always wanted to be a writer and a nun when I grew up.

2. Although I grew up in the city, I love the outdoors and the country-- I like hiking, going on hayrides, and  fishing.

3. My favorite movies as a child were: The Sound of Music, The Ten Commandments, and The Parent Trap -- the original versions, of course.

4. I am a cat lover and have owned over a dozen cats since I was a child. My oldest cat was almost 20 years old -- a shaded silver Persian named Moonshadow (after the Cat Stevens song).

5. I love art (especially portrait sketching) and listening music of all genres.

6. I was once quite athletic and played on an all girls' basketball team in high school (There were few of them around in those days).

7. Many years ago, I wanted to be a Spanish translator, but am now re-learning my Spanish so I can eventually translate the vulgate and encyclicals. (Prayers appreciated!)

Now this prestigious award goes to the following ladies and their stylish blogs:

1.. Jackie of Association of Catholic Women Bloggers and Heart Speaks Unto Heart.

2. Michelle Bondi Botessi at God is at Work in You.

3. Barb at SFO Mom.

3. Rosemary at A Catholic Mother's Thoughts.

4. Elena of My Domestic Church.

5. Colleen at Colleen Hammond.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots