Christ gives us His Strength and Peace





Passage for Reflection:

"He has chosen our impotence in order to give us the power of his love, our weakness to give us his strength, our fear to give us his courage, our ignominy to give us his majesty, our pain to give us his peace, our wounds to give us his power to heal, our dying to give us his life, our interdependence that we may give him to one another..."

~ Caryll Houselander (March Magnificat, 353)

Caryll Houselander († 1954) was a British mystic, poet, and spiritual teacher.

Related Scripture Passages:

"I have told you this so that you might have peace in me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world." - John 16:33

"I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me." - Philippians 4:13

"Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." -  Philippians 4:6-7

There are numerous other passages that relate to this beautiful text. Perhaps you can meditate on this and write yours down when you visit with Christ today during your quiet time.

Prayer For Unfailing Strength

Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.

Be at peace, then. Put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations, and say continually: "The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart has trusted in Him and I am helped. He is not only with me but in me, and I in Him.

~ St. Francis de Sales

Prayer for Strength in Weakness

Lord Jesus Christ, King of kings, you have power over life and death. You know even things that are uncertain and obscure, and our very thoughts and feelings are not hidden from you. Cleanse me from my secret faults, and I have done wrong and you saw it. You know how weak I am, both in soul and in body. Give me strength, O Lord, in my frailty and sustain me in my sufferings. Grant me a prudent judgement, dear Lord, and let me always be mindful of your blessings. Let me retain until the end your grace that has protected me till now.

~St Ephrem of Syria, Deacon, Poet and Doctor, Via SQPN

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots