Seven Quick Takes: Bargains, Father's Day, and Saints


Hosted at Team Whitaker.

1


This was a busy week for me, considering that I tend to slow things down a bit during the summer months.


First, I spent a lot of time shopping at garage sales -- where else can you get such great bargains? Tops -- $1.00 each, even a nice dress for $1.00.


2



Second, I celebrated Father's Day early with my husband by doing what he enjoys most -- studying American history firsthand--by visiting the Old CowTown Museum (which is actually Wichita, Kansas in the 1800's) and going out to eat supper at the Longhorn Steak House (where I was able to order shrimp, asparagus, and other tasty and healthy treats).


3




Speaking of Father's Day, this past week we celebrated the feast days of some wonderful saints who are great models for men as well as women -- they are certainly inspiring to me. St. Anthony of Padua, the Wonder-Worker, is a power house when it comes to miracles. My dad introduced me to him. He is the patron saint of practically everything -- similar to St. Joseph. What an amazing man he was! If you have not yet watched Saint Anthony: The Miracle Worker of Padua, I highly encourage you to do so. It is one of my favorite films and is an exciting and true - to -life story of this great saint's life.


4



Blessed John Dominici  is a wonderful example of a man who was determined to live out his full potential, using all his gifts to serve the Lord, overcoming his weaknesses.

5



St. Gaspar Bertoni is a holy man who achieved way beyond expectancies. Fr. Donald Saulier, C.S.S. shares the following about St. Gaspar: "During his life, he was able to stand up tremendous pressure, often facing formidable odds."

6




To guide us all on the path to sainthood, Pope Francis explains how the beatitudes serve as as a program for holiness in the spiritual life.


7




Have a great weekend and a Happy Father's Day!!!





Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots