Novena to St. Dominic starts today




Pray the following prayers once a day for 9 days.

O renowned champion of the faith of Christ, most holy Saint Dominic! / You renounced the honor and dignity of an earthly principality / to embrace a poor, laborious, and mortified life / that distinguishes a disciple of Him Who said: / "If any man will come after Me, / let him take up his cross and follow Me."

O burning torch, consumed by the fire of divine love, / you incessantly labored to enkindle that sacred flame in the hearts of others. / Look down upon me from that throne of glory where you enjoy the reward of all your labors. / Obtain for me some sparks of that blessed fire to animate my soul / and encourage me under my crosses and trials / to be pleasing to God so that He may visit me.

O great Saint, / you regarded as nothing all the afflictions you endured / and all the toils you underwent for the promotion of God's holy cause. / Obtain, I beseech you / that the same ardent love which strengthened you, / may make sweet to me labors, humiliations, disgraces, / or what-ever other mortifications I may have to suffer for the Name of Jesus. / May I ever bear in mind that nothing can happen to me / but by the particular dispensation of a God Who is infinitely wise. / He knows what is best for my welfare. / He is infinitely powerful and consequently able to effect it. / Above all He is infinitely merciful and loving, / Who laid down His life for my redemption, / and continues daily to give new proofs of His love and bounty.

O tender father of the poor / who offered yourself for their relief when all other resources were exhausted, / obtain for me that true spirit of compassion for the suffering members of Jesus Christ, / which shone forth so conspicuously in your holy life. / May I, by the charity for those whom Jesus so dearly loves, / lay up for myself treasures in heaven, / where you now enjoy that which the eye has not seen, nor the ear heard. / The heart of man has not conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him, / and who prove themselves His Disciples by the observance of His Divine precept / "love one another."

I praise and thank God for the high degree of sanctity / to which you, O Dominic, were raised,/ and for the special privileges by which He has distinguished you. / I call upon you by that gratitude / with which you will be penetrated for all eternity by your Divine Benefactor, / implore for me the grace to root out of my heart whatever is not agreeable in His sight, / especially that evil habit by which I most frequently offend Him. / Obtain likewise the favors I request in this Novena through your powerful intercession.

(Mention your intentions here)

O glorious Mother of God, / Queen of the most sacred Rosary, / you who loved Dominic with the affection of a mother, / and were most tenderly loved and honored by him, / look upon me for his sake with an eye of pity, / deign to join with him in presenting these petitions to your most Blessed Jesus. / I sincerely desire from this moment / to love Him with all my heart, and serve Him with all my strength, / and now place myself under your powerful protection / as a sure means of obtaining / all the graces necessary to serve Him faithfully here, / that I may eternally rejoice with Him hereafter. / Amen.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots