Seven Quick Takes: St. John Paul II, Finding Inner Peace, and St. Benedict



1. St. John Paul II has always fascinated me. I devote a chapter to him in my new book, Seven Saints for Seven Virtues, which is scheduled to be released in October 2014. This past week I posted on him twice. I wrote a review of Jason Evert's new book, Saint John the Great: His Five Great Loves, which is a must-read and I also shared one of my favorite quotes on his "secret."

2. There is so much noise in the world today and often little time for the time we need to experience peace  of mind-- to find the strength that is essential to our mental and spiritual health. this post provides the key to inner peace.

3. Would like the pope in your pocket?  Check out the new pope app HERE.

4. The Feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel is coming up on Wednesday, July 16th, so it's still not too late to start the novena.

5. Fr. Barron gives his take on the new film "The Fault In Our Stars." Who would believe that the Sacred Heart of Jesus is part of the film?

6. This evening, I am looking forward to watching the monks of St.Benedict Abbey on EWTN. Learn more HERE.

7.  Happy Feast of St. Benedict!!!



For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots