Seven Quick Takes -- A Birthday, A Conference, A Fan Page, and Saints Galore



1. Friday, August 8, the feast of St. Dominic, was my birthday. I love birthday parties and enjoy each one I celebrate just as if I were a child. They are a special blessing to me, as are the people the Lord has put into my life. I had a wonderful time celebrating with a few friends and my husband at my favorite restaurant, Bella Luna, which serves scrumptious Mediterranean food. We enjoyed some delicious tiramisu for dessert.  (I am the one who is not wearing purple.)


The New Orleans inspired R&B group L'Angelus

2.  Last weekend, my husband and I attended the Midwest Catholic Family Conference in Wichita, KS, which is an annual event for us. This year’s conference was entitled Rich in Mercy and was the best I have attended to date. The speakers included: Father Michael Gaitley, Matthew Leonard, Jesse Romero, Terry Barber, Tim Staples, Michael Barber, Chad Justice, Susan Swafford (who spoke to the youth), Barbara McGuigan, Lisa Popcak, Gregory Popcak. I share the highlights of of the conference HERE.


3.  I have created a new Facebook Fan Page as the release date for my book, Seven Saints for Seven Virtues, approaches. I would love to have you as a fan. Just like my page. 



4.  You can find Seven Great Saint Quotes on Holiness HERE.


5.  I write about my personal relationship with St. Dominic HERE.



6.  Fifteen favorite quotes from John Vianney can be found HERE.


7. Just in case you need a Back to School Prayer, check out this one.

Have a blessed week!!!


For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!


Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots