Seven Quick Takes: Spring, Holy Week, Palm Sunday, Saints, and Books







1. Spring has arrived here in Wichita! Above are just a few of the signs I have been seeing in my yard.

Below is another sign of spring.








2. On Palm Sunday evening, I will be a guest on Fr. Ronald P. Legwin's radio program discussing my book, Seven Saints for Seven Virtues. I am looking forward to that, as well as to my next speaking engagement at Sacred Heart parish in Colwich this coming week.



3. On March 25, we celebrated the Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord and I wrote a new blog post on that feast day, focusing on joy and love.



5. On Thursday, I also wrote a blog post entitled Surrender it to God, which focuses in on abandonment, trust, and surrender.


6. What I am reading this week: 30 Days with Teresa of Avila by Daniel Burke and Anthony Lilles.


7. Here is another book recommendation from my friend, Leticia Velaquez: Review of the book "Joyful Witness: How to be An Extraordinary Catholic" by Randy Hain. 

For more Quick Takes visit This Ain't the Lyceum.   


Have a wonderful weekend and a blessed Holy Week!

Jean


Comments

  1. Love LinkUps and Quick Takes -- these are so much fun. I am so nosy so these are a great 'fix' for me . I interviewed Randy Hain on my show in January - he is fabulous. Here is the link if you'd like to hear his rundown on Joyful Witness! http://realjoy.podbean.com/e/a-seeking-heart-w-allison-gingras-013015/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trisha Niermeyer Potter wrote:
    Count me among those
    who are praying for your sister,
    you and your family during this difficult time.

    https://www.blogger.com/profile/08182059599089630731

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Trisha, somehow

    I accidentally deleted your comment,
    but was still able to retrieve it.

    Thank you so much for your prayers!
    They are already making a difference!

    God reward you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison,

    I have known Randy Hain
    as a blogger and a writer
    for some time now and greatly
    appreciate his work. My husband
    knows him as a powerful speaker
    and evangelist as he heard him
    speak recently at a men's conference
    here in Wichita.

    Thanks for stopping by and for sharing
    your link.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots