7 Quick Takes: The Mary Month of May


1. This week, I gave a talk at the Spiritual Life Center on one of my favorite Doctors of the Church, St. Catherine of Siena, who is also my Confirmation saint. 



 2. I had been praying the Novena Rose Prayer for a special intention to St. Therese of Lisieux, another favorite Doctor of the Church, and what did I see but this...



3. This week, I wrote about two other great women saints on Catholic Fire, St. Gianna Molla Beretta and St. Zita, patron of housekeepers and lost keys.


4.  Do you know the name of the Pope of the Rosary and his story?

Go here to learn more.



5.  May is Mary's Month and I am still trying to discern how I will celebrate this month. What are your plans? 



I found these special devotions to Mary for the month of May, and of course, I will continue to pray the Rosary.  Here are a few ideas that I have shared in the past.

In May there are many beautiful Marian feast days, some of which include:

May 13 - Our Lady of Fatima

May 24 - Our Lady, Help of Christians

May 31 - Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces

May 31 - Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary

6. Today is the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker. You can find prayers here to pray for the workers or the unemployed in your family.

7.  Have a great weekend! I plan on working in my garden and enjoying the wonderful weather we are having here.

Jean

For more Quick Takes, visit This Ain't the Lyceum.  

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots