1. November can be a beautiful month, with the colors of the leaves continuing to change around us. Here are a few nature photos I took recently. When God uses His paint brush, the earth is transformed. Above is the bell tower in front of my parish church just before 5:30pm Mass. Below is a photo of the trees in my back yard. The oak is a brillant reddish brown, while the crabapple is bare, and the mulberry still green.
2. November is a great month for saints. Just in the past couple weeks we have celebrated the feasts of some of my favorite women saints: St. Francis Xavier Cabrini (Mother Cabrini), St. Gertrude the Great and St. Margaret of Scotland, St. Elizabeth of Hungary, Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne,
3. November is the month we pray for the holy souls in purgatory, but have you ever wondered how to avoid purgatory? Here are Ten Ways to Avoid Purgatory.
4. Want to win a great book? I have just read and reviewed True Radiance: Finding Grace in the Second Half of Life by Lisa Mladinich. I am giving away TWO copies. Enter HERE.
5. November is almost over and it's time to break out the gloves, the scarves, and the winter coats. Here is our forecast for Wichita:
6. On Saturday, November 21, we celebrate the Feast of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. November 27 is the Feast of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal. Happy Feast Days! :)
For more Quick Takes, please visit Kelly at This Aint the Lyceum.