Friday, December 04, 2015
The Advent season seems to go by so quickly that sometimes we don't have a chance to celebrate it the way we would like. In this Seven Quick Takes, I want to focus on ways to keep the Advent season a holy and peaceful one, while we wait patiently and contemplatively in joyful hope and anticipation for the coming of Our Lord, Jesus, at Christmas.
1. To start off, here are Ten Tips for a Peace-Filled Advent.
2. Are you falling in love this Advent?
3. This Advent is a very special one, as it takes place during the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy. How can we make it a season of mercy?
4. Prayer is important during Advent. Here are two novenas to pray: one to Our Lady of Guadalupe and a Christmas novena.
5. Here are 15 Advent Prayers for you.
6. This Friday is the First Friday of the month and the feast of St. John Damascene, Patristic Father and Doctor of Christian Art.
7. Can you relate to this one? My mom made beautiful gingerbread houses from scratch and I have yet to make one. If I did, it might look something like this:
Have a Happy and Holy Advent Season!
Jean @Catholic Fire
For more Quick Takes, visit Kelly at This Ain't The Lyceum.