7 QT: Spiritual and Corporal Conditioning


1.  2016 is off to a healthy start! I have been working out at the gym daily, have been eating healthier, and have already lost five pounds!






2. Here is one example of the healthier meals I have been eating: baked cod fish, baked sweet potato fries, and a tossed salad sans dessert. I have increased the amount of veggies and seafood in my diet and reduced the amount of sugar I consume.

3. Lent is less than two weeks away! I am already beginning a list of Lenten books and devotionals for that time. I need to re-read the Life of St. Teresa of Avila and am currently reading the Autobiography of Blessed Dina Belanger. I will be using my Lenten Magnificat as a devotional. I am still deciding on the activity I will be performing this Lent.


4. I have been unbelievably busy as I work on self-publishing my new book, which I hope to release in March. This has been my main writing project. I will keep you informed on its progress. I think you may be a bit surprised by the genre.


5.  This past week, I wrote and posted about some of my favorite saints: St. Agnes of Rome, Model of Charity, The Conversion of St. Paul, St. Angela Merici, and St. Thomas Aquinas.

6.  Today we celebrate the feast of St. Gildas, a sixth century British monk who is  the patron of churches and monasteries in France and other locations. He is regarded as the earliest British historian.

7.  I will leave you with this video by Fr. Robert Barron:



Have a wonderful weekend!
Jean

For more Quick Takes visit Kelly at This Aint the Lyceum.


Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots