7QT: The Catholic Writers Conference Live


I have been a member of the Catholic Writers Guild since it was founded. This year I attended the CWCL conference / Catholic Marketing Network Trade Show for the second time. I attended it in New Jersey in 2014 and again this year in Chicago, Illinois. New Jersey is a little far to travel for this Wichita, KS girl, but Chicago is much closer and is near my birthplace and the area where I lived for most of my life. Here are seven very quick takes from this years' fantastic conference:

1.  

Met up with some wonderful ladies whom I greatly admire and meet only at these conferences: Lisa Mladinich, Dana, Me (Jean M. Heimann), and Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle. These women inspire me!

2. Enjoyed visiting with another group of friends at Servant Publications:

Heidi Hess Saxton, editorial director at Servant, me, Marge Fenelon, and Lisa Hendey. 


3.   Here I am with another group of ladies whom I share an intimate prayer relationship with:


4.  Nancy Ward who is a convert, journalist, blogger, published author and speaker and  editor at JOY Alive in our Hearts is a special friend. We were finally able to meet in person:



5.  Now that you have seen photos of some of the people I interacted with, here is a snapshot of my room at the convention center:




There was even a TV in the bathroom! 

6.  While I was in Chicago, I also visited the National Shrine of St. Therese of Lisieux in Darien, IL. Here are a couple of photos from the museum.







7.  Happy Feast of the Dedication of St. Mary Major!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Jean

All photos copyright Jean M. Heimann 2016.

For more Quick Takes, please visit Kelly at This Ain't the Lyceum.   

Comments

  1. Looks like you had a great time! That TV in the bathroom thing is wild. Not sure I'd like that! I'd love to make it to the conference next year. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful time, Carolyn! I also met some new writers and made some new contacts with others in sales, publishing, and marketing. It was a great opportunity! I would strongly encourage you to go next year, if you can. I know you would enjoy it. Also, I would love to meet you in person. I will pray that we can both go next year if it is God's will.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots