Nurse Suspended for Offering to Pray

A Christian nurse in Britain may soon be fired for offering to pray for her patients' recovery.

Caroline Petrie has been suspended and faces disciplinary action because her employer claims she failed to show a "personal and professional commitment to equality and diversity" when she suggested the prayer, the London Telegraph reported.

Petrie, 45, a wife and mother of two, is a community nurse who works for North Somerset Primary Care Trust. As part of her job, she visits patients who are sick and elderly. Petrie said she never forced her Christian beliefs on any of her patients but simply asked if an elderly woman would appreciate the blessing.

"I simply couldn't believe that I have been suspended over this," she told the Telegraph. "I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. All I am trying to do is help my patients, many of whom want me to pray for them." Article from WND.

This is definitely mind blowing. Several years ago, when I working in the public schools as a psychologist (prior to establishing a private practice), I experienced a similar situation --I told someone I would pray for a family member who had died as well as for the family and my superior reprimanded me for it. However, I was not threatened with suspension for that. Things seem to be getting progressively worse in our secular world.

Comments

  1. The U.K. is particularly bad. I've heard from fellow bloggers of various denominations that it is difficult to be a Christian there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots