NEW LIFE IN THE CULTURE OF DEATH

I admit it – I am not hip. Like many people over the age of 50, I had no idea of who Bono was until I watched The O’Reilly Factor last night. He looked like any other rock star, but when he spoke, he certainly came across as a strong Christian. His message was one of uniting the world in peace by persuading people around the world to cooperate in the fight against AIDS in Africa, which is spreading like wildfire.

He mentioned the "G" word more than once on TV and even wore a rosary around his neck, which had been given to him by the Holy Father, Pope John Paul II.

An Irishman, he seemed to know more about American history than many Americans I know. When I heard him speak about the importance of countries working together to attain world peace and unity by serving the sick and the poor, it was almost as if I were listening to Mother Teresa.

I will certainly be praying for his work and will attempt to dash off a pithy email to O’Reilly thanking him for having this impressive young man as a guest on his show.

For information check out the partial transcript here http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131198,00.html

~ Posted by Jean M. Heimann

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots