MY TOP TEN: Who are yours?

With the upcoming feast day of all Saints, I have been reflecting on those saints who have most impacted me in my life and want to extend my thanks to them for their continuing help and guidance as I travel on this earthly journey toward my final destination. As a small way of expressing my gratitude, I am making a list of my top ten favorite saints and a few of the virtues and the personality traits that I admire most in each of them.

1. St. John, the Evangelist - love for God and man
2. St. Therese of Lisieux - her simplicity, perseverance,love
3. St. Catherine of Siena - her spunk, obedience to God,love
4. St. Teresa Benedicta - intelligence,wisdom,courage,love
5. St. Gianna Molla - intelligence,unselfishness,love
6. St. Teresa of Avila - perseverance, determination,love
7. St. Pio of Pietrelcina - humility, obedience,love
8. St. Joseph - obedience to God, protective nature,love
9. St. Louis de Montfort-courage, stamina, obedience, love
10 St. John Vianney - humility, obedience, perseverance,love

All the saints had a wonderful sense of humor,of course, which helped them endure their trials, along with the special graces they were blessed with to carry their cross.

When the Saints Go Marching In





Oh when the saints go marching in,
Oh when the saints go marching in,
Oh Lord I want to be in that number,
Oh when the saints go marching in.
.
Oh when the sun refuses to shine,
Oh when the sun refuses to shine,
Oh Lord I want to be in that number,
When the sun refuses to shine.
.
Oh when the dead, in Christ shall rise,
Oh when the dead, in Christ shall rise,
Oh Lord I want to be in that number
When the dead, in Christ shall rise.


I had to get that out -- the song was playing in my head.


Who are your top ten?

Comments

  1. 1. St. John Bosco
    2. St. John, the Apostle
    3. St. John of God
    4. St. Francis de Sales
    5. St. Francis of Assisi
    6. St. Therese
    7. St. Augustine
    8. St. Dominic
    9. St. Joseph
    10. St. Pio

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my favorites:

    1. St. Teresa of Avila
    2. St. Pio
    3. St. Rita
    4. St. Elizabeth
    5. St. Anne
    6. St. Maximillian Kolbe
    7. St. Benedict
    8. St. Alphonse Liguori
    9. St. Thomas Aquinas
    10. St. John of the Cross
    11. St. Joseph

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots