Prayers for Freedom of Heart and Surrender to His Will

Act of Abandonment

by CHARLES DE FOUCAULD

Father, I abandon myself into your hands; Do with me whatever you will.Whatever you may do, I thank you;I am ready for all, I accept all. Let only your will be done in me, And in all your creatures - I wish no more than this, O Lord. Into your hands I commend my spirit; I offer it to you with all the love of my heart, For I do love you, Lord, And so need to give myself, To surrender myself into your hands, Without reserve, And with boundless confidence, For you are my Father.

Prayer of Surrender to God

by THOMAS A KEMPIS

Lord, You know what is best; let this be done or that be done as You please. Give what You will, as much as You will, when You will. Do with me as You know best, as will most please You, and will be for Your greater honor. Place me where You will and deal with me freely in all things. I am in Your hand; turn me about whichever way You will. Behold, I am Your servant, ready to obey in all things. Not for myself do I desire to live, but for You--would that I could do this worthily and perfectly!

(From The Imitation of Christ, Bk 3, chapter 15)

Prayer for Freedom of Heart

by ST IGNATIUS LOYOLA

Grant, O Lord, that my heart may neither desire nor seek anything but what is necessary for the fulfillment of Thy holy Will. May health or sickness, riches or poverty, honors or contempt, humiliations, leave my soul in that state of perfect detachment,to which I desire to attain--for Thy greater honor and Thy greater glory.Amen.


Take, Lord, and Receive

by ST IGNATIUS LOYOLA

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, all that I have and possess.Thou hast given all to me. To Thee, O Lord, I return it all. All is Thine; dispose of it wholly according to Thy Will. Give me Thy love and Thy grace, for this is sufficient for me. For with these I am rich enough and desire nothing more. Amen

Please note: These are very powerful prayers. The best time to say them is after receiving Our Lord Jesus Christ in Holy Communion.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots