The Christmas Menu

Here's what's on the Christmas menu at the Heimann household:

St. James Winery Country White Wine
St. James Winery Blackberry Wine

Organic Romaine, Raddachio & Radish Salad

Roast Turkey with Walnut dressing
Fresh, Whole Cranberries
Sweet Potatoes
Green Bean Almondine
Jean's Christmas Salad

Fresh Cherry Pie with Vanilla Frozen Yogurt

You may be wondering what Jean's Christmas salad is. Basically, it is an attempt at duplicating my mother's famous recipe which was about 10,000 calories per teaspoon. Some of the ingredients in my mother's recipe were: lime Jello, walnuts or pecans, real whipped cream, Miracle Whip, cream cheese, pineapple, and marshmallows. I have replaced the cream cheese with fat-free cream cheese and the Miracle Whip is now also fat-free, but I have kept the whipped cream real -- I don't care for the artificial stuff. This salad is very thick, very rich, and very filling -- something that is only served during the Christmas season.

Since I will be spending the next few days cooking and baking, my blogging will be light.

What's on your Christmas menu?

Comments

  1. Roast beef, holiday potatoes, and I haven't thought of a vegetable yet. Maybe a salad will do. just kidding.
    If I have time, I might make a walnut/apple cake (that won't turn out).

    Well, my wrapping break is over.
    Merry Christmas, Jean.
    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds good, Rhonda.
    Merry Christmas!

    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots