Anti-Rape Female Condom to Stop Sexual Assaults

The inventor 57-year-old Sonette Eylers explains that "rapex" hooks onto the rapist's skin, allowing the victim time to escape, helping to identify perpetrators."He will obviously be too pre-occupied at this stage," Ehlers told reporters in Kleinmond, a small village about 60 miles east of Cape Town, South Africa. "I promise you he is going to be too sore. He will go straight to hospital."The device, made of latex and held firm by shafts of sharp barbs, can only be removed from the man through surgery which will alert hospital staff, and ultimately, the police, she said.It also reduces the chances of a woman falling pregnant or contracting AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases from the attacker by acting in the same way as a female condom. South Africa has more people with HIV/AIDS than any other country, with one in nine of its 45 million population infected."

Via My Domestic Church.

Comments

  1. Oh my...

    But what's to stop some psychotic female from inserting/wearing (I'm lost on this, help me please...) it and then luring men to her bed and then accusing them of rape, or even just enjoying their pain?

    It's not really a good idea, or practical in the long run.

    I think knowing this thing is out there could indeed instigate a rash of further violence against women. The targeted population is, after all, a population that desires to hurt women in a pretty heinous way. What's to stop them from now beating women, physically removing the thing, and raping them, or resorting to anal and/or oral rape?

    I can see where this thing appeals to a certain type of person on an emotional level, but it's bound to be a disaster in the long run, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like this idea at all.

    I certainly wouldn't want to wear a female condom 'just in case' I happened to be sexually assaulted. I think it's rather silly actually. I might poke his eyeballs out with my car key though....

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I think about it, the more it's just a disaster waiting to happen.

    The thing is designed to draw blood from the male. During the course of a violent act of intercourse, vaginal tears and lacerations occur. This "condom" is more than likely to be dislodged or pushed further into the vagina, too.

    The victim is probably at higher risk for HIV by using this, and she may be the one who suffers injury as a result.

    I don't know how the system in South Africa works, but use of such a device is punishing a man before he's convicted.

    It's a device born of revenge and punishment, and has more potential for abuse and harm than good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots