How is God Calling You?

Like others who were unable to attend the pro-life activities in Washington, D.C., I blogged for life, served as a spiritual supporter by offering up my chronic pain, and prayed during Holy Hour. My parish held a Holy Hour for Sanctity of Human Life Sunday. The Holy Eucharist was exposed on the altar of the Church for approximately one hour. During that time, the congregation prayed the Patriotic Pro-life Rosary, praying individually for each of the 50 states in the United States. There was Benediction and Confession available to all.

At Mass this weekend I heard for the second time in my life a parish priest give a pro-life homily. It was an excellent homily and was very tastefully done. The priest simply spoke the truth -- what the Catholic Church teaches on life issues, as they affect the family, and how we as Catholics are to respond to that teaching.
No one walked out nor did I hear people complaining or grumbling as I did after a deacon in IL gave an excellent pro-life homily at Mass.

I live in the "abortion capital of the world" and people come here from everywhere to get late-term abortions. God had a reason for calling me here (giving me three weeks to make a dramatic change in my life to get here) and I know that this is the work he has called me to do at this point in time.

How is God calling you to work in the pro-life movement? What is He asking you to do for Him? He has a role for each of us to play. Open up your heart to Him, give Him permission and He will let you know what it is He desires of you.

Comments

  1. I couldn't attend the March for Life, but I've been watching it on EWTN all day long. Plus, I've been blogging entirely for life hoping that I can speak against abortion.

    Let us stand up for life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I, too, watched EWTN in between work, Mass, and errands. it was great -- almost like being there.

    Thanks for the comment!


    God bless you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots