FEBRUARY 11th HAS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART



Nine Years ago tomorrow, on the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, I gave my heart to My Mother. February 11th is the day I consecrated myself to Mary.

This year, it is the day I will begin a new spiritual journey -- I will make a pilgrimage to Rome and to various cities in Italy, including Siena and Assisi. I can hardly contain myself --I feel so much joy at the opportunity to grow in grace and to visit these holy places where my favorite saints once lived. I am also quite eager to see our new Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI. What makes it even more special is the fact that while health problems and financial hardships prevented me from going on similar pilgrimages in the past, they are no longer obstacles in my path. So, I know that God is opening the door for me to take part in something very unique and special. The fact that this is to take place on the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes tells me that my Mother played a large part in making this dream of mine a reality. I pray that I will be obedient to what God is asking me to do as a result of this great grace and be open to the new ways that He is asking me to grow spiritually through this pilgrimage.

I will be gone but a short time -- approximately two weeks -- and will return to blogging very soon. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and your special intentions close to my heart.

Comments

  1. How wonderful! You'll be in my prayers for a wonderful pilgrimage. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julie. You'll be in my prayers, too.

    Thanks for thinking of me.

    God bless you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. May this be a good time for you.

    God bless you. - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. May you have many blessings on this pilgrimage, and a safe passage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! That must be so joyous to travel to those holy lands. You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My prayers are with you for a wonderful and inspirational journey. God bless you and keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really wonderful. Envy is a sin, so uh, I'll skip that part and just wish you God's rich blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really wonderful. Envy is a sin, so uh, I'll skip that part and just wish you God's rich blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jean! I hope you had a fruitful pilgrimage! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots